Nautical Coaster DIY!
Hi everyone! This week I wanted to share one of my favorite DIY projects! They are so cute and practical, and make great gifts! I'll post my ribbon/bow making hack sometime soon!
What you need:
- Hot Glue Gun
- Cork (at least 6 inches wide)
- Rope or string form Michaels (I've tried this project with a variety of string sizes; verdict: the thicker the string/rope is, the easier it is to hot glue evenly)
Step by Step
1. Cut cork into circular pieces that are a little bit smaller than what you want the coaster size to be.
2. Glue Strand of rope in the center of the cork circle.
3. Continue gluing the rope to the cork, making sure to also attach the rope to the inner strand(from the previous pass).
4. Once you have covered all the visible cork, continue to wrap the rope around in a circle once more, so that the edges of the cork are fully covered - for this step, the glue will only touch the inner rope(be careful with your fingers & the hot glue!)
5. Cut rope at an angle and glue the end to the side of the coaster, being sure to trim the loose ends of the rope.
6. These coasters make great gifts! Since Memorial Day is coming up, I went with a navy blue ribbon.
These coasters fit perfectly with nautical or americana styles, so they'd be great if you want to add a beachy vibe to your room!
I feel like the real beauty of these coasters, though, is that they can really fit into most decor styles! I love the texture that they add to my French Farmhouse/Industrial style room, and my mom is excited to add a set to her more nautical-accented living space!
Let me know if you try out this fun and easy DIY! I hope you have a GREAT weekend ahead!