Little Bleu Eats: Brownie Mix in a Jar
Hi guys! This week I wanted to share a quick and fun brownie recipe, that also works as a GREAT gift. Specifically in my tribe, I know A LOT of people with July birthdays coming up(including mine!!) so I think it'll be handy to have this recipe on hand. I like to put together little "gift packages" too when friends of mine are hitting big life milestones(moving, engaged, graduating, etc.) and this one is sturdy enough that it would work in there as well :-)
- Flour - 1 cup and 2 tablespoons
- Brown Sugar - 2/3 cup
- Sugar - 2/3 cup
- Salt - 3/4
- Baking powder - 1 teaspoon
- Cocoa Powder - 1/3 cup
- Chocolate Chips - 1/2 cup
I mixed milk and dark chocolate morsels for this part
1. After washing the jar and letting it dry, add the flour.
Tip: To keep the ingredients mostly level, I made a little funnel out of computer paper and tape, It also helped keep them from going EVERYWHERE.
2. Once you have the flour in a mostly-even layer, add the brown sugar. I used a small whisk to pack down the brown sugar into an even layer.
3. Add the sugar, baking powder, and salt.
4. Add the cocoa powder.
5. For the top layer, add the chocolate chips. If you want, you can also add in walnuts(1/2 cup), I don't really like nuts in my brownies, so I usually leave those out.
6. Once you have all the ingredients, add the lid. I put a gift tag from the Raget Dollar Spot around the rim, but any kind of tag will do. If you're giving this recipe as a gift, you'll want to add the final ingredients and baking time either on a tag, label, or on the lid.
1. Preheat oven to 350º
2. Mix contents of the jar with 1/4 cup of water, 2/3 cup of oil, one teaspoon of vanilla, and two eggs.
3. Poor mixture into a 9 inch square baking pan(that has been greased or coated in Pam)
4.Bake for 35 - 40 minutes, or until the brownie passes the fork test.
Thank you for reading! Let me know if you try out this recipe!
See you Wednesday!