10 Facts About Me
I always love reading posts on Instagram where people give a few facts about themselves – its so fun getting to know your favorite accounts! So I decided it was high time I added a post where y’all you all can get to know a little bit about me :-)
1. I'm in my second year of grad school for Art History, specializing in Medieval Art and African American Art.
2. I speak French, and recently passed a proficiency test for my grad program.
3. I started out undergrad as a nursing major, but after taking the “Intro to Fine Art” class that was required for my program, I fell in love with art and convinced my parents to let me switch.
4. Along with Art History, I also studied Studio Art in undergrad, specifically painting and digital media. I particularly loved turning my digital photographs into digital paintings, using Corel Painter and Photoshop.
5. I was born in the hospital here in Tuscaloosa, moved a bunch of times (navy brat!) and then, when it came time to apply to colleges, decided to come back to “ttown”!
6. I drink more coffee than I probably should.. When I was growing up, my dad would always take a giant thermos and an extra cup of coffee with him to work, so taking up the habit seemed like the natural thing to do!
7. I’m a huge night owl! I’d so much rather lose sleep from staying up late than waking up early. Although, I do like waking up and having a productive morning, then getting to take it easy in the afternoon.
8. I have a 3 year old Australian shepherd mix named Cooper, when we found him at the shelter he was pretty skittish, but now he’s a really happy guy! He loves playing with my parents’ dogs (Ely: a Greater Swiss Mountain dog, and Little Bit: a Feist terrier…quite the size difference!)
9. I love candles! Recently I’ve been obsessed with the Basil fragrance from Mrs. Meyers Clean Day
10. I think the Myers Brigg Type Indicator is so interesting! I’m an INFP. Want to know what type you are? Find out Here.
- Recently, I found this article – “Discover the Kitchen Style for Your Myers-Briggs Personality Type,” it was fun to see if my personality type matched the style they thought I should like!